Looking for something unique to set your home or apartment apart? We can help you do that! Do you have a photo of your family you love? Do you love animals? It’s as simply as deciding what you would love engraved on wood, and bringing in an image to the Makerspace! It’s free here at the UCA Makerspace! Come join us and use our Laser Engraver to make it!
What do I need to do? Email your image to Jason@arconductor.org or bring it in on a flash drive.
Need some ideas? Here are a few thoughts:
- A photograph of your kids
- Personalized quotes
- A photograph of your pet
- A scanned image or a drawing
Takeway: Each person will get to take a custom piece of art home with them!
- Your logo or brand in a .JPG or .PNG format
- A piece of wood for us to engrave on
- Bring in your own laptop (of possible)
Duration: 2 hours
4:30 – Arrive at the Makerspace, mingle and have a look around
4:45 – We will demonstrate some of our own laser engraved projects
5:00 – We will demonstrate RDWorks. And also demonstrate how to open files, import images, how to size your engraving idea to your material, and safety of the laser engraver
5:45 – You will begin designing your artwork
6:00 – 6:30 – As you finish you designs, we’ll begin engraving them
6:30 – Class dismissed
- We will draw names for who goes first, as we will not have time to do a live demo of everyone’s project
- Due to the variance in engraving time, you may need to pick your cutting board up the following day